Indefinite story 347


Had a shopping spree today at bugis with Julia & Joyce .
Jaime gave that a miss because she had to take care of her little sister.
There will still be chances ~ Definitely.
It's been like 7852795729801 years ever I went to shop at there .
Was having this conversation with Joyce today which I think is worth sharing.

We both had the same thing happening to us.
In the past , we used to actually afraid to admit that we were from ballet .
Because people do mock at us as they didn't know how to appreciate ballet or even cultural dances.
They are only interested if you were from hip hop / modern dance.
To me , I was opposite from others , in fact I don't appreciate hip hop .
It's to a personal preference , if you were to ask me do any traditional dances or modern dances.
I will definitely choose traditional dances.
As we grow up , I found that it was nothing to be embarrassed about if we dance classical.
It's they who don't appreciate what we are performing.

In fact , Ballet is the fundamental of all dances.

Now , in poly , when others ask me what i do for dance , I just say : Ballet & Chinese dance
I started Latin was because I was interested , I wanted to experience all types of genre.
I had a teacher who gave me interest in Latin when I was in primary school.
I don't reject the idea of learning hip hop , but if I was given a choice , I will still stick back to what I love.
I do really hope someday , people in the world who don't appreciate classical will one day learn how to appreciate it .

Comments

Popular Posts