Chapter 421 ; Taiwan- Taichung/Taipei

For the first time in my life I bought a travel ticket to just for one reason , to watch a concert.Upon reaching , I took a High Speed Rail (HSR) from Taoyuan to Taichung, you may purchase the tickets online if you are certain of your travel timing as it will save you 20% of your cost. The travelling time is extremely fast which take about only 30 mins as compared to the normal rail works which is about 3 hours . 

1 day trip at Taichung(Private Hire) Rainbow village彩虹村-Carton king纸片王 -菇神 -Lavender cottage薰衣草森林-Mushroom farm 百菇村 -Monceur心之芳庭-Yi zhong Street 一中街 


After researching online on drivers in Taichung, I decided on Mr. Xie Zhi Ming as there were many positive reviews about him. I discussed the itinerary with him through email . 

He came to our hotel to pick us up at 9am. As it was a little too early he brought us to the  Rainbow village , where this little area was preserved by the government as a Old man who stayed there for many years as painted the entire area on his own. There was this local artiste who dressed as a mascot singing , many approached him for a photo , he gave out postcards and said this : 请不要忘记梦想. But to think of it, how many of us has given up dreams because of urban life?






Next up to Carton King which the entire place was filled with decorations made of cardboard.






Lavender cottage,  lavender wasnt blooming even at its seasons because of the extremely drop in temperature and rain affected it.

















Moncoeur has been a place I wanted to visit for the longest time ever since I came across it . The moment I reached there I was in the state of 😍. This place is my kind of place. Filled with Chinese text , and dreamy love areas. I became a hopeless romantic. If I ever marry, that will be my one of my pre wedding shoot area. I have to admit that although Im not a marriage person but if it really comes , it will be extremely fun filled and glamorous one.











Mr. Xie was so nice to send us to the hotel to put our purchases and send us to 一中街 to end the journey. No extra charges even exceeding the time we initially arranged. He was nice and not rushing us at all and often ask us to take our time, so we paid a little more for the effort and service. 
You may contact him through email or Whatsapp. Im going to look for him the next time I head to 台南 to explore.
謝志明Telephone number :+886 937 216180 
Email address: taxi0937216180@gmail.com

Buy tickets in advance for rides (TRA) during weekends because you wont get to travel together if it's a hot timing. 
You can buy your tickets through family mart and 7-11. You can get the store assistant to help you too.

Had a short 2 hours and a half to myself while travelling to Taipei . Its pretty cool that you have keep a lookout on yourself. Although  I have been extra careful when I'm out in overseas but it feels different when you are alone. 
Looking out at the scenery switching between nature and architecture , playing your favorite playlist made me feel quite amazed at the feeling which travelling can bring you.



Done the most insane thing ever in my life i never expected myself to fly to somewhere to watch a concert especially for someone who hasn't debut yet. Legacy Taipei was in Huashan Creative Park, a place with many exhibitions where the arts live. Pika was good with all his hits. His concert was nothing fanciful no exaggerated lightnings, no fireworks,  no fog , no animation , it was a warm concert just with his voice and music.

When he sang 恿人,everyone started to bring out their phones and waving their torch to create a 星空 just for him. I was touched at this scene, not because it was  beautiful instead he came so far to achieve this moment. 13 tough years of singing in the streets with just a dream. The dream hasn't come true yet but he managed to open a concert in Legacy Taipei where all the big artistes holds their mini concerts. For a nobody to achieve  this, he must have so much feelings overwhelming him. May more people get to know him > FB page link 邱振哲Pika Chiu









I didnt managed to explore places that I have never been to but I felt extremely localized in Taipei , its like I travel as in I was back at home. Rainy day during travelling is extremely frustrating.

Trip to Jiufen, Train to Ruifang station The bus stop shifted its place , it used to be just across the station in front of the Welome supermart but now you have to turn left after crossing the road to the super market and walk another 200m . The bus station is after Police station. You can use your Easycard NT $15  to pay the fee.

My umbrella die on me in the same country I bought from 5 years back , so I went back to buy the same thing probably a better generation of it at Shilin night market. If you want to get to Shilin,  alight at Jiantan metro station and just keep left while walking straight and follow the crowd you will reach there once your cross the road on your left. Just continue walking you will see the big Shilin signage.

Yilan was my initial plan but it was raining the entire day so I had to scrap and do some impromptu plans. Brought the parents to Danshui Old Street and visited the Weird Museum , and surprisingly it was quite interesting to look at , worth the visit , it was having a promotion from the intital admission fee thus Im not too sure about it the normal standard price.














Shall just list another few more place to visit

Yongkang street
-Famous for food

Wufenpu
-A wholesaler place for clothes . Alight at Houshanpi station.

Shida night market, 

-Taipower station exit 3, make 2 right turns once you exit and walk straight or just follow the crowd you will see where it is . It's suitable for the younger fashion people. 

Last day was to roam Ximending to kill time as our flight was at 6pm. To get to Taoyuan airport via express bus (1hour) alight at Taipei main station exit at k12 so you wont have to lug your luggage up stairs and just buy the tickets to taoyuan airport  at the 国光booth.  It cost NT $125 per person  just make sure you know which terminal you are going and alight accordingly . It will bring you to at T1 and T2 respectively. 

Hope this helps on your next coming trip to Taiwan.

And blessed taiwan on its unfortunate disaster.
May they recover as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts