Happy 2016 ; Indefinite story 420 ; Japan

Happy new year everyone, 2016.
I haven't come up with my 2016 new year resolution. 
But to me, I want this year to be a good exciting one. 
Having a good health is the most important thing to me now.

Before I go into my usual overseas-days let me do the review first

For the first time, I probably went to a country not prepared and not understanding their language at all. I no longer get anticipated feeling getting in a plane , into a foreign country ever since my Dubai trip. The amount of things I buy back are getting lesser and lesser till the extend that I only went to spend my money without conversion on my last day of Japan trip . Maybe its the weather,  or maybe its style or maybe its just not necessary.

But it was good, I didn't had to use my brains at Japan because Im tagging along with my very reliable brothers. Tentative itinerary was crap but oh well , I couldn't understand how the railway works after all. Now that  I understand, probably next Tokyo trip will be better.

Worst thing happen to me when Im overseas.  Sick. I couldn't help but just whine why is this happening to me. I don't want to travel and be cope in a hotel.


Day 1
Flight to Osaka was damn long, I really dislike being in the plane more than 3 hours. But it was a funny flight with 2 bimbos incident stories. Bimbo stories are on Dayre and I dont want to post it here. Sore throat came once I woke up in the midst of my sleep in the plane that was when I was like : shit my life.


Osaka castle was our first stop and only stop after leaving our luggage at our hotel.
Flight and hotel during holiday season is insanely expensive. I could have flew to London at the same ticket price.
We were too tired after the flight especially when Im sick. Had to sit down everywhere I could so that I can continue walking in the castle itself. Slept at 4pm till the next day 9am but sadly still not recovering.

Day 2
This perfect weather Im supposed to be in USJ but all because im sick. 
Abandoned in the hotel to recuperate on my own while the brothers went out to see their favourite animation shops in Den Den town.
When they came back , I was like damn elated because I can finally go out and breathe some fresh air, face shown as below.

Dontonburi for food and some walk around 

The well known Glico man which you must take with when in Osaka.





Day 3
Trip to Ikeda for the first stop
Instant Ramen noodle Museum , where Maggie mee started and evolved.
3 of us decorated 1 customized cup noodles.



 
My brother long time ago host came and meet us along with his family.

The funniest thing that happen to me is because we were early for our onsen , the host suggested for a hike up to Mino waterfall but i overheard it as high tea. And it was so cold so I excitedly agreed to it , but I was the only one who misheard it, so there goes my 6 km up and down to the waterfalls.
It was a big joke for the entire trip and the host wife kept asking whether I was okay.
Oh well , for someone who doesn't exercise it is a very big hike up but thank god it was winter with traces of autumn leave left. 




 I was video-ing myself here , exclaiming about the joke previously





Long awaited onsen after a good 7 years since the previous trip to Japan.I had a very hard time trying to communicate with Japanese but oh well, language barrier.

Day 4

USJ , best theme park I have been till now .
It was even better because it was Christmas eve , so much of festive feel there.
I have decided to best go theme parks during winter or autumn time because waiting during summer is insane just like back in Singapore. 
Rides are always long queue but waiting in the queue during summer its like omg


Harry Potter was amazing! I aint a harry potter fan but the decoration of Hogwarts and the market was way too real. Butter Beer was pretty not bad too. 

Jaws had very expressive theme staffs. Good introduction with good body language even though I couldnt understand their language. 



The rest of the rides were like meh. But I enjoyed  the Hollywood ride. Its so good to have music on your roller coaster ride. There are like 5 choices of music for you to choose from and I chose Feel this moment. It made my entire ride so much more exciting and its the first time I went like club music was good.  


One more thing about the wait time for USJ is like the wait time is always not true and is often shorter than expected. Like the Harry potter wait time was shown at 180 mins but it came up to be an hour plus?

Some other photos of USJ , too bad the Jurassic Park Roller coaster is only going to be open in January, its quite a high and wide ride , should be a thrilling ride.











Day 5 Kyoto
I had so much planned for Kyoto but the whole city is way too big and the destination are so far from each other thus we only managed to visit 2 places .

Golden Pavilion - Kinkakuji Temple
This is actually the ticket to the temple but it certainly look like a talisman to stop chinese vampire from moving.





Kiyomizu-dera Temple probably one of the temple around 
It was said that people used to jump off the temple edge and if they are alright , their wishes will come true. Extremes that people do. 






There are supposed to be 3 stream of water each representing a different aspect of life. Health , wealth and something.
It was a monkey see monkey do thing , first you wash your hand with the scoop of water and you fill a new cup and drink it , lastly , fill it up and pour it downwards like the photo below.
No one knows whether its the right thing to do but since everyone is doing it , just follow.
The taste of the water is certainly different from the normal kind of water we drink . 



Nothing much for me to write since the last day was just to spend my money away back in Dotonburi. 1 more free and easy travel trip before I get bounded and of course most importantly. to get back my last semester results and ensure that I pass.

As long as I haven't sign it , I still feel the uncertainty , what if they tell me they don't want me anymore, then what am I supposed to do?

Comments

Popular Posts