Chapter 428

Cai asked me : Lam, so how did your 2016 went?
I haven't had the time to sit down and thought through this year till now since I am out of shows to watch.
I completed my degree studies this year , attended my own graduation as well .
We got back together but I left in the end.
March I finally resigned from the most boring job ever after working for a year and a half, signed myself to a bond of my childhood dream. Been through the longest training that any airline company could have.

I felt intimidated at many times , felt like giving up but after the torturous good 4 months but it all ended well and began with my flying days. Within this short 4 months of exposure, I saw even more different and unique people all over the world. I opened up myself just for the work and closed back once I am back at my own time. Environment and situation adaptation was a worldwide skill to acquire , not saying that I am good at it but I am definitely better than most.

Many times , we hear how people think that this job is easy , they pay you to fly and travel around the world with free accommodation and pretty nice salary , yes that was the good part.
The bad part comprises a lot of emotional and physical components. Waking up and sleeping at ungodly hours due to time zone and flight departure, those heavy carts, baggage and demanding passengers are those that they don't see. Seniority and company culture is exactly like any MNCs, of course there are nice people here but mean people do exist too.

While doing one of the longest flight pattern , I fell sick during the last sector home and that was the first time I felt a little hopeless without my family around me. Thank god for an awesome bunch of crew I had as family for that good 11 days to shower with love when I felt hopeless and upset.

You only realised how good is it back home when you are out there all alone. At times when you saw beautiful landscapes and moments , you realised that you had no one to share with. Maybe if you are lucky , you happen to meet a colleague that is nice and travel with you but they aren't your loved ones after all.

You only realised who cared when you left them and they still stick to you even long hiatus.
Now that its the end of the year , its time to plan for the next year ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts